Supreme Court of Canada
Happy to put pen to paper/fingers on keyboards for you: we’ll research, strategize, write — with you seeing and approving each draft. In addition to our Supreme Court of Canada agency services, we can also act as counsel. WE'RE LAWYERS TOO.
Advice and Preparation on Appeal Materials
- Applications for leave to appeal / responses to applications for leave
- Motions to a Judge or to the Court / interventions, stays, new evidence, constitutional questions
- Appeal documents / factum, book of authorities, record, condensed book
Overall Strategic Advice
- Comprehensive information concerning all rules and procedures of the SCC
- Technical Compliance with Supreme Court Rules and Guidelines
- Write / ghostwrite leave to appeal and appeal factums for lawyer-clients
- Preparation, service, acceptance of service and filing of all documents
- Representation by counsel on leaves to appeal and appeals
SCC Experience & Testimonials
To hear more about the SCC experience and the benefits of having an agent, click here to see an interview with counsel who appeared recently before the Supreme Court of Canada in Frederick Moore on behalf of Jeffrey P. Moore v. Her Majesty the Queen in Right of the Province of British Columbia as represented by the Ministry of Education, et al.
- Halifax Regional Municipality  municipal taxation
- Montreal Port Authority  municipal taxation
- Kerr  division of family property
- Fullowka v. Pinkerton's  tort duties of care in the context of security service, territorial government health & safety regulation, and union strike activity
- Tercon  government contracts and tendering process
- Khadr  Charter challenge and duty to disclose
- Honda  setting aside of aggravated and punitive damages in employment termination case.
- Kapp  Charter (s. 15) validity of commercial fishing license privileges to Aboriginal people.
- Mustapha  review of duty of care and remoteness of damages
- Resurfice  clarification of "but for" test to determine causation in negligence cases
- Marriage Reference  federal question to SCC on Charter compliance of proposed same-sex marriage statute
- Doucet-Boudreau  remedy available for realization of minority language education rights